Thursday, January 29, 2015

Monday Morning Quarterbacking a Phone Interview

I am not quite sure why, but I seem to have a strangely unavoidable, uncontrollable disdain for people in the Facebook group from Wisconsin. And I promise you that it has nothing to do with the person, because I will be very indifferent towards their posts and then I see "Posted from xxx, Wisconsin" and I'm like "Oh God, this guy." Not sure why. I have never had a known problem with my home state before. Nearly all my friends are from Wisconsin seeing as I have had such a limited experience outside of the state. But yet, I still there scrolling through the Facebook group, passively reading stupid people talking about things they don't understand and then suddenly I get irrationally annoyed solely because this chick is posting from Whitewater or this guy is posting from Racine. Hell, I go to school in Whitewater. That should not bother me. But it does. 

(Note: The above was written before the below. What a hilarious coincidence that life turned out the way it did.)

In other wholly unrelated news, I just got off the phone with my interviewer. I typed the above part before my interview and then I got my phone interview and now I am a different person. Want to know why? Because my interview went amazing. And know what is really funny about the entire thing? My interviewer was from Wisconsin and yet, I really liked her. And we talked for over a half hour. My interview for my first CP wasn't even 15 minutes but this one was a half hour long and it was more of a conversation than a question/answer type thing. I just feel like it went really well, you know? And she was from Wausau, which was kinda awesome. She asked me about working in the heat and humidity, and I straight up said "I don't like the heat and I don't like the humidity and on my last program they put me in Innoventions and I was so spoiled because I did not have to work outside at all. As someone from Wisconsin, I am not built for that kind of weather." And she just laughed and she was like, "I get that. I'm from Wausau." And I totally geeked out. I was like "Omfg, we used to go to the mall in Wausau when we'd visit my grandpa up north!" And we talked about that for a while.

And she kept telling me that I seemed "really qualified" for concierge and front desk and I really want concierge or front desk so hopefully that means something good. In my last interview I told the girl that I "loved to talk" and then they stuck me in Inno where I presented shows. So I know that they probably honestly listen. 

But my sister feels like her phone interview did not go off so well, and I am really nervous for her. I would feel just awful if she didn't get accepted and I did. She hasn't gotten her chance to do the college program like I have, and I just want her to have the opportunity that I had. I would send her in my place with my ID and my Social Security Card if it meant giving her a chance to work at Disney instead of me. I just want her to be happy and have her dreams come true. Or whatever.

I feel significantly less cynical now. Maybe this is exactly what I needed was a good conversation with a current cast member. Of course, I had maintained this plan all along that I would probably just turn down my offer if one were to be extended to me, but if I get an offer in concierge or front desk, I just don't know how I would be able to say no to that. That's exactly what I've wanted to do since I applied for my first college program. Man. This sucks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment