Friday, January 30, 2015

Pended or Panicked?

My biggest issue with the application process for the college program is the Facebook Group. I know that Disney has no control over the Facebook group because it exists on it's own as a separate entity. People in the Facebook group are stupid, everyone is. Even me. Being in the Facebook group is a great way to get yourself nervous and anxious unnecessarily. But I am in the group because it also gives me hours of entertainment. It did while trying to get into my first program and it does even more now that I know what to expect personally. But it is also annoying because I feel like a lot of people in there are to psych out others with their anecdotes and analysis of situations that they know nothing about. 

Last night everyone who had a phone interview yesterday got a "Thank You for Interviewing" email. I got one, my sister got one, everyone got one. Now there are a lot of people in the Facebook group that are claiming that they got an email saying they were pended. I cannot figure out if they got the same email that my sister and I got, which for the record is not a "pending a final decision" email which is usually what is associated with a "pended" status, or if they actually got pended. I am not saying it's impossible. There are people who have gone "NLIC" today after their interviews yesterday. Screenshots included. 

But then I thought to myself, "Oh maybe you got pended, dummy, and you were just so confident in your phone interview that you were too dense to realize it." So I consulted my email. I went and re-read the email multiple times, read my sister's email myself, and then I scrolled all the way through my email, way back to the heady days of 2013 to see what email I got following my phone interview for that program. And you know what? It was worded exactly the same way as this one, except the dates are changed. And I know for a fact that I was not pended for my first program. Not once is the phrase "pending a final decision" or anything like that was mentioned in all of my emails from Disney.

So the question is, did people actually get pended or are they panicked? No one has posted their "pended" emails in the group and I don't want to be that person who's like PLS POST YOUR EMAIL. I'S GOTS TAH KNOW. I feel like I already participate in the Facebook group enough trying to squelch the stupidity and blatantly incorrect rumors that fly through that group. 

And yes, I know that I sound like a know-it-all and a bitch, but that's how I get sometimes. I mostly am doing this fact checking mission on my sister's behalf. Despite the fact that I told her not to join the group until after she was accepted, she went and joined yesterday and it makes her so nervous. And I know that it what the group does to a lot of people. I don't think that's fair. So I have taken it upon myself to make it a better place.

Friendly update: It appears that people have actually received "pending final decision" emails. I feel bad for them, but not too bad because I think I lack the sympathy/empathy chemicals in my Disney brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment